There may be cases where you'd like to keep track of the number of times a certain option has been selected by participants in real-time, for instance, you let participants pick their t-shirt sizes for an event and you'd like to know how many participants selected which size.
You can do this by setting up a participant process in your event. Follow the instructions below to see how you can do so.
Note that before you follow these steps, you need to make sure you have a field type "number" for each option in your select field. For more information on fields and how to create them, visit the Fields Manager section of our knowledge base.
1. Navigate to your event, then to the Workflows module, and then to the Processes submodule. Make sure you're in the Participant processes tab and click the Add button.
2. In the popup window, provide an easily recognizable name for your process and click Save.
3. Now click on the newly created process and turn on Edit mode by turning on the switch. Then add an action block by clicking the blue plus button. Select "Count select field" in the Action type dropdown menu and click Add.
4. Now expand the action block you added, and under the Participant field dropdown menu, select the field where your participants specify their preference. Then, in the Participant field value dropdown menu, select the first option to be counted. Finally, in the Event field, select the field where the times this value has been selected will be counted.
5. Repeat this step for all options you wish to count. For instance, for a field with two options that we wish to count the number of times they've been selected, there will be two action blocks.
6. When you're done, click Save Changes and use the arrow labeled "Back to list" to go back to the list of processes.
7. Finally, you need to make sure that this process is triggered when the participant registers or updates their registration. To do so, find the process you just created in the list and click the action button. Then click the Object changed trigger option in the revealed menu.
8. In the popup window, select the Create and Update triggers, and click Create.
9. Once you've done that, whenever a participant registers and selects one of the specified options in the specific select field, the value in the event field corresponding to that option will increase by one. You can keep track of this in Event Details.