Global processes let you automate actions at Global level. These can be, for example, sending an email to an email address in particular whenever the value of an event field is updated, or operating a webhook based on the value of a field. Processes are very flexible and can be as complex as you need them to be, by creating a combination of conditions, actions, and delays.
Processes are divided into 4 Categories: Event processes, Participant processes, Contact processes, and Organization processes. Further down below are examples of automated processes for each category.
There are 3 process blocks: Query, Action, and Wait
- Query (blue): Creates a condition for your process (e.g. The value of the Participant field "Country" is "Netherlands")
- Action (green): Creates an action for your process (e.g. Send an email to an event manager)
- Wait (yellow): Delays the action of the process (e.g. Send the email 3 days before the start of the event)
You may create conditions depending on other conditions.
To link an Action/Condition/Wait block to a Condition, make sure to drag and drop the relevant block underneath the Condition block, slightly to the right (see screenshots below)
The Emails created from the Email templates submodule are used by Global processes that require the sending of an email.
Examples of processes
- When an Event field checkbox is ticked, send an email to a specific email address
- 3 days before the start of an event, add a team to the event
- If the name of an event contains a specific word, synchronize the event details fields with an external CRM
Participant / Contact processes
- Depending on the value of the field "Country" of a participant/contact, send a specific email to this participant/contact
- Depending on the value combination of a Participant/Contact Multiselect field, operate a webhook
- If the "Industry group" field of an Organization matches a specific value, set the value for the field "Manual approval required" to "Yes"
When an Event field checkbox is ticked, send an email to a specific email address
If the "Industry group" field of an Organization matches a specific value, set the value for the field "Manual approval required" to "Yes"