What are workflows?
At Event level, workflow automations are a powerful tool used to simplify, streamline, and automate the various processes of your event.
They enable event planners to connect different parts of the event (like participants, emails, forms, parts of website etc.). With them, event planners can automate certain parts of the workflow, for example the movement of participants through different stages of an event.
For example, they can be used to automate the processes of invitation, registration, registration updates, and cancellation. Templates are available for use for these essential processes, to quickly set up the basic automations for your event, helping you save time.
Workflow automation can be added via the "Workflows" module, by clicking on the + icon at the top right of the screen. You can then select the template and the name of your new workflow.
Example: Invitation workflow
Example: Registration workflow
Which event workflow automations can I use?
When you use event workflow automations, the first step is to decide on the parts of the workflow that you want to set up. You can have as many or as few as your event needs.
You simply add them on a single event level by going to your event and selecting Event Workflow Automations from the Workflows module. To add a new event workflow automation, click on the plus button, select one of the available templates and give your workflow a name.
Using different parts of the workflow you can define the different stages of the participant lifecycle, and manage the event cancellation process. Below is an overview of currently available templates:
- Invitation-workflow: Workflow to invite participants for invite-only event
- Registration-workflow: Workflow to register participants for invite-only event
- Public-registration-workflow: Workflow to register participants for public event
- Pre-arrival-workflow: Workflow to manage participants which are registered
- Payment-workflow: Workflow to manage registration for paid events
- Cancellation-workflow: Workflow to manage cancellations when a participant cancels
- Event-cancellation-workflow: Workflow to manage cancellation of the complete event
- Stage-action-workflow: Workflow to send an email when a stage is changed by the event planner
- Arrival-workflow: Workflow to manage the event arrival process